Help installing swi-prolog

Tim Schneider schneid5 at cs.uni-bonn.de
Sat Aug 13 04:52:52 PDT 2011

Hey,

I just tried to install the swi-prolog port and ran into problems:
The port did not want to compile on my machine (iMac i5 with Lion installed).

From the debug output, I first figured out, that I also need to install the port: fontconfig.
After this, it gave me some different error.

After some playing around, cleaning the port and so on, I finally got it installed by activating a different version of fontconfig:

sudo port activate fontconfig @2.8.0_0+universal

After this, I was able to install the port.

I don't know if anybody else has this problem, but I hope this could help anybody who does.
Also, if I'm not the only one with this problem, the maintainers of this port could look into adding fontconfig (or a working version) to the port file.

Cheers,

Tim