port selfupdate fails

Andrew Long andrew.long at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 13:17:56 PDT 2011

On 15 Aug 2011, at 21:12, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2011, at 13:36, Andrew Long wrote:
>
>> On 15 Aug 2011, at 18:52, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>>
> <snip/>
> The perl5 portgroup was just hours ago converted into a new unified format which is probably going to cause some issues for a few moments while things settle down. Things should be better in a few hours, or tomorrow.

I'll do that tomorrow

> For the other issue, please delete /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework. You don't need to install the MacPorts mono ports unless you have a need for them; MacPorts isn't going to use them.

I'm sire that there *was* a reason to install it, but it was a few years back. So since it looks like the self-update is going to try to build itself using Mono (as it's available) I'll finish the current mono installation. I'll also look at finding a more recent version of the mono framework and try putting that in

Thanks for your help

Regards, Andy
--
Andrew Long