Unexpected installation problems with MacPorts

Rodolfo Aramayo raramayo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 07:12:32 PDT 2011

This morning I concentrated on a single machine and found that many,
many, many ports are failing to recognize the perl XML::parser as
being installed. But it is. In fact I have:
  p5-xml-sax-expat @0.400.0_3 (active)
  p5.12-xml-sax-expat @0.400.0_3 (active)
installed

This is one of the problems...I am looking at the rest. In the
meantime I have filed bug reports with the corresponding ports...

This is very annoying but I am sure is related to the new way Perl
ports got organized lately...

Thanks

--R