Updating Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 amavisd-new

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Aug 31 14:56:33 PDT 2011

> The question I pose to the port-community, If I use the macports
> installer, will it update the current version of amavisd-new on 10.6.8 or
> just install a new version? As well, if it does install a new version what
> should I need to change to make use of 2.6.6 rather than the old version.

At the very minimum you'll need to disable the launchd item for the system
version, and then enable the one for the MacPorts package.

When I tried this last (years ago), the output from amavisd itself was
most helpful. So try launching it not as a daemon a few times to see
what's going on. For example, certain types of decoders (for various
attachments) might not be available based on what other packages are
installed on the system. You can spot these in the output when amavisd
starts.