Fwd: remove old installations

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:48:43 PST 2011

Accidentally privately replied LOL.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

> The idea seems to be to automatically clean the work directory before performing a fetch. That's pretty nonstandard MacPorts behavior though, if I'm not mistaken.

I guess the "frustration" is that if I ever have an aborted
installation, with that particular port, and then attempt a reinstall,
I am greeted by an obscure error message "fetch failed, please consult
this log" (even if --force is used), so I'm trying to work around
that.

"Most" ports reinstall fine over aborted installations, but not this one.
-roger-