"port atlas not found"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 3 23:49:14 PST 2011

On Dec 3, 2011, at 23:14, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> This started happening to me regularly a month or two ago. I generally have to run selfupdate twice to make sure the index problem goes away.
>
> I'd like a permanent solution, though, if there is one.

The only reason you should have to run selfupdate twice to get the index built properly is if the first time, the MacPorts base version got updated. MacPorts 2.0.2 tell you in this case that you have to do this; with earlier versions, you just had to know. If the MacPorts base version did not change when you ran selfupdate, the index should generate properly the first time.