issues following upgrade to Lion

Jim Anderson jander at jandernet.com
Sun Dec 4 12:04:53 PST 2011

I upgraded to Lion find myself up to my neck in 'gators. Here's the sequence:

1. upgraded to Lion
2. switched to the 32-bit architecture since the Cisco VPN client doesn't support the 64-bit architecture
3. discovered that my old Apple Developer Tools also needed to be upgraded. ("which make" returned nothing.) Upgraded DT but did so while in 32-bit mode.
4. switched back to 64-bit mode
5. rebooted
6. "which make" still returns nothing
7. tried to upgrade MacPorts but was informed that I hadn't upgraded Dev Tools. (My Developer Profile still shows 10.4.0 Mac OS SDK) But the Xcode page in the Mac Store shows Xcode 4.2.1 already installed

So it seem I have no developer tools and can't reload them. Consequently, I can't upgrade (let alone use) MacPorts :(

Jim