issues following upgrade to Lion

Phillip Koebbe phillip.koebbe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 12:20:34 PST 2011

On Dec 4, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Jim Anderson wrote:

> I upgraded to Lion find myself up to my neck in 'gators. Here's the sequence:
>
> 1. upgraded to Lion
> 2. switched to the 32-bit architecture since the Cisco VPN client doesn't support the 64-bit architecture
> 3. discovered that my old Apple Developer Tools also needed to be upgraded. ("which make" returned nothing.) Upgraded DT but did so while in 32-bit mode.
> 4. switched back to 64-bit mode
> 5. rebooted
> 6. "which make" still returns nothing
> 7. tried to upgrade MacPorts but was informed that I hadn't upgraded Dev Tools. (My Developer Profile still shows 10.4.0 Mac OS SDK) But the Xcode page in the Mac Store shows Xcode 4.2.1 already installed

Don't mean this to be an insulting question, but after you installed Xcode 4.2 via the App Store, did you run the installer? It "installs" an Xcode Installer in /Applications that you then have to run.

Word of advise: before you run the installer, copy it somewhere so if you need to run it again at some point, you don't have to download the whole thing again.

Phillip