"port atlas not found"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 4 15:34:34 PST 2011

On Dec 4, 2011, at 17:30, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Atomically, meaning all or nothing?
>
> Atomically in that we don't provide the new index until the process has completed. It seems that we get broken portindexes (ports missing) when people update while it's being rebuilt.

Well you definitely shouldn't be trying to do anything else with MacPorts while a selfupdate or sync is running.

Still, I had fixed this three years ago:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16234

That was before portindex was changed to no longer regenerate the whole thing each time, so I'm not sure if it's gotten broken again since then.

> The same issue manifested on the site when someone might visit when it reports that MacPorts only has 10 packages.

Is that still happening?