port make?

John B Brown jbb at vcn.com
Thu Dec 8 17:32:13 PST 2011

Dear Ryan,

	So it resides under the subdirectory /opt/local/var/macports/build/ and the
branch under that tree varies with the port file being worked. In the case of
zlib it is:

ll `port work zlib`
total 56
drwxr-xr-x   6 macports  admin    204 Dec  4 12:41 ./
drwxr-xr-x   3 macports  admin    102 Dec  4 12:41 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 macports  admin  22800 Dec  4 12:41 .CC_PRINT_OPTIONS
-rw-r--r--   1 macports  admin    235 Dec  4 12:41 .macports.zlib.state
drwxr-xr-x   3 root      wheel    102 Dec  4 12:41 destroot/
drwxr-xr-x  98 macports  admin   3332 Dec  4 12:41 zlib-1.2.5/

	Thank you. My settings are for no cleaning so all the sources remain in their
${worksrcpath} for the time being.

	Shalom,

	John B. Brown.
	[jbb at vcn.com]
	358 High Street,
	Buffalo, Wyoming
	82834

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include
the freedom to make mistakes"  Mahatma Gandhi
"There was never a good war or a bad peace."
Benjamin Franklin
"I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on
or by imbeciles who really mean it."  Mark Twain

1-307-684-9068