Curious rdiff-backup problem, two identical installs, only one works

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 9 02:01:22 PST 2011

On Dec 9, 2011, at 03:45, Stuart Robertson wrote:

> I have two macs, both running 10.7.2 and Macports 2.0.3

> Symbol not found: _rs_appendflush
> Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/librsync.1.dylib
> Expected in: flat namespace
> in /opt/local/lib/librsync.1.dylib

Looks like:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/31742

I don't see the problem on my Snow Leopard / Xcode 3.2 system. Are both your Macs running the same version of Xcode, or is broken one using Xcode 4.2 or greater and the working one using an earlier version of Xcode? If so, it could be a clang issue; we could either drop back to llvm-gcc-4.2 or try the patch supplied in the ticket.