warnings if dependencies don't have the correct variants ?

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:14:52 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for a port to check if one of its dependencies is installed with a required variant, and warn if not ?
>
> I ask since the opengl variant of the root port requires mesa to be installed with the x11 variant, which is not the default. The build fails if this isn't the case.

This isn't exactly what you are asking for, but a similar idea:

wine (and wine-devel) only builds 32 bit, so if you want to install it
on a normally 64-bit system you need to make sure all the dependencies
are build universal.  The following command will spit out the list of
dependencies that are NOT installed universal:

port rdeps wine-devel | xargs port installed | grep -v 'universal'

Anyway, I think I get that you are really asking for something like a
"port verifyvariants" command, but if we had that we'd probably be
able to have variant dependencies.

Scott