CMake and Fortran compiler

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 16:02:15 PST 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 00:45, Chris Jones wrote:
> On 9 Dec 2011, at 11:33pm, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile Root with CMake (the Root package is MacPorts is
>> broken, but even if it wasn't, there might be reasons why I would want
>> to use a standalone version).
>
> In what way is ROOT broken for you ?

See my attachment in http://trac.macports.org/ticket/32477.

But nevertheless ... my main question was about fortran. While the
ticket with root can be solved independently, it is not even clear to
me whether this is a problem with MacPorts or with Root.

> I know there are a few issues, but all have workarounds or solutions. To say its broken is incorrect.

What is the politically correct way to say that it doesn't compile then? ;)
The way how it works or doesn't work is yet a different issue ... I
haven't even started using it.

(It might be that there is a workaround, but I'm not aware which one
that is. I spent soooooo much time trying to figure out why
clhep/geant4/root/gate don't compile that I almost gave up. Luckily
some angel sent a link to a standalone Gate.app with working Qt
interface today.)

Mojca