Request: make the ML's default return candidate be the ML

Phillip Koebbe phillip.koebbe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 19:24:04 PST 2011

On Dec 9, 2011, at 6:55 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> On 10/12/11 00:28, "Phillip Koebbe" <phillip.koebbe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Humorously, this happened to me with this very email! I guess Google and Apple
>> Mail are being bad netizens. Sigh.
>
> It's really just as simple as "looking" at who you're replying to. If it was
> snail mail, you wouldn't expect to address a letter to a different address
> than the one you'd like it delivered to & then expect it to arrive as you
> wanted.

I was referring to the bit about the mail going directly to my inbox and bypassing the filters I have set up. I use Gmail IMAP and have a filter that reads the from address and applies a particular label to the message, and when it comes down to Mail.app, it gets routed to a folder other than my Inbox. Roger was talking about how some people commented to him about this behavior and I found it amusing that it happened to me with the very message that described the behavior.

As you say, nothing to see here … move along, move along.

Peace.