Mailman newbie questions

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 22:09:47 PST 2011

Trying to get Mailman running under Macports so I can test a collaboration
between mailman and WordPress. No nothing much about Mailman. Been using
Macports for quite some time for web development.  So do have LAMP running
as well as Python. Mailman was installed without any issues. Just need to
figure out a few things. One is how to restart Mailman to hopefully load
new Mailman url. I tried:

sudo /opt/local/share/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start
Site list is missing: mailman

No luck. What am I missing?

What mail functionality does my server need to run Mailman?