build macport from src for i386

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sun Dec 11 10:25:27 PST 2011

On Dec 11, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Peter wrote:

>> Unfortunately the scite software does not use autoconf or cmake or Xcode or any other standard configuration system, so it does not support the build_arch setting of macports.conf out of the box, and nobody has modified the Portfile to retrofit this ability. You should file a bug report about this in the issue tracker.
>

> ok. Where is the link that I can file the bug?

Please look at the "Creating Trac Tickets" to see what the input for each field should be.
http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets.creating

File a Trac ticket here:
https://trac.macports.org/newticket

> Also, libjpeg.8.dylib ( version 12.0.0.) comes from current macport, however, my application requires
> version libjpeg 63.0.0 or later. Is there a way to get the new version of libjpeg?

Where is the source for libjpeg 63?

The source for MacPorts jpeg says we are current
$ port gohome jpeg

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)