Does gcc45 support -arch?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:30:29 PST 2011

> -arch is part of Apple's private patches to support multiple-architecture
> objects and binaries, and is only supported by Apple's Xcode compilers.

Whenever, I try to install a number of third packages, -arch is
somehow supplied to gcc/g++ (I have to going back to the original mac
compiler, which is inconvenient). I'm wondering whether there is a
walkaround to change -arch to the GCC equivalent? I checked my env,
but I don't see how -arch is passed to gcc/g++. Is there a
configuration file that I can change?

--
Regards,
Peng