Does gcc45 support -arch?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:53:15 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 00:25, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can not single out a simple test case. But please try compile the
> following package at the following address.
>
> http://www.tbi.univie.ac.at/~ronny/RNA/ViennaRNA/ViennaRNA-2.0.0.tar.gz
>
> I have gcc45 active. After run configure, I run make make, then I got

The problem is, they're expecting you to have Apple's compiler as the
default.  Other compilers do not support -arch, nor can they build for
multiple architectures simultaneously as this package is trying to do.

One way to work around this is to temporarily put /usr/bin at the start of
your $PATH while building this package (e.g. "PATH=/usr/bin:$PATH make").