having programs launch on reboot

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:38:04 PST 2011

Hi all,

Perhaps a basic question. When I type the following

	$sudo port load apache2
	org.macports.apache2: Already loaded

The above is just an example... I get the same for mysql5-server or any other servers. Yet, the program doesn't start up when I reboot the machine. Is there something I have to do to ensure that programs start on their own when the computer is rebooted? For what its worth, I noticed the following in the apache2.plist

Nothing there about running them on reboot. However, another plist (vmware.plist) has the following switch

Is that incantation needed, or something else needed to ensure that programs such as apache2, postgres, mysql, etc. start up when the computer starts?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Puneet Kishor