gmail phishing warnings

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Dec 22 08:02:25 PST 2011

On Dec 22, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Scott Webster wrote:
> Anyway, my question is, is the macports list server doing anything
> "wrong" with respect to the email headers?

no

> Or is Google just being
> ridiculous about this?

maybe? I think Google is trying to 'encourage' list operators to use SPF and DKIM. It's worth noting that at least initially, google groups list mail would generate the same warning (I haven't checked recently, so they may have fixed that).

> If it's determined that we can or should do
> anything about this, I am willing to help test.  I don't recall seeing
> this on any other list, but I don't subscribe to many.

I believe that if MacPorts set up SPF record(s) and/or DKIM, it would stop showing up flagged by google - but I wasn't able to find a specific reference that verifies that.

--
Daniel J. Luke