gmail phishing warnings

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Dec 22 08:52:20 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:22, Scott Webster <sewebster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Phil Dobbin <phildobbin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No. Nothing has been flagged about Mac Ports...
>
> Well, that is weird.  Every time you send a message to the list I get
> the big warning telling me you are trying to phish me.  It isn't just
> me who sees this...

Using the web interface for Gmail, I'm not seeing any warning about
Phil's messages (and I don't recall seeing this recently on other
messages). Is there a way to disable this warning that I, and others,
may have set in Gmail?

Though, the alum.wpi address that I use forwards everything to my
Gmail account. Looking at the message source seems to indicate that
WPI is adding their own SPF and DKIM information. I wonder if that's a
flaw or if there's an exception that recognizes list mail or MacPorts
specifically.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448