building SPRNG with macports gcc45 & mpich2

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Fri Dec 23 13:43:27 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Gideon Simpson
<gideon.simpson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even sorting out the flags, I'm still getting the error:

>  "_main", referenced from:
>      start in crt1.10.5.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> -gideon

Are you using mpicc / mpicxx for compilation and linking? If you are,
there shouldn't be any 'sorting out the flags' required (insofar as
linking to or including the mpi headers & lib)...

It looks like it thinks it is making an executable (hence the need for
main) rather than a library... I don't know enough (anything) about
SPRNG, but it looks like it should be building a library from the
'Installing Default SPRNG Libraries' section on the home page... You
might have better contacting them ( sprng at cs.fsu.edu) at this point.

 -Eric
--
Eric A. Borisch