Wine installation errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 26 15:49:26 PST 2011

On Dec 26, 2011, at 17:43, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> A virtual machine as in VirtualBox or Vmware Fusion with XP or Windows 7 I already have running. Was just curious if Wine could be a better and faster alternative.

Using Wine would certainly take less disk space (Microsoft's virtual machines are huge), but the articles I've read, and my own experiences, show that what you get out of Wine isn't a 100% accurate emulation. And since the goal would be to ensure that the user experience is correct for users of Internet Explorer running on Windows, it's probably best to test on Internet Explorer running on Windows.