MacPorts on Linux

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 09:15:16 PST 2011

> Back to the original question, we might also ask: Why was MacPorts created in 2002, if Fink already existed in 2000? I do not know. Perhaps the Apple engineers didn't like something about the architecture or culture of Fink and thought they could make something better.

As I understand it, Fink did not (and still does not) support
universal binaries, and Apple saw that feature coming. So, they
designed a system to support universal binaries.

--
Political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com

This message may have been spell checked by a laptop kitten.