preventing sleep during compilation

Christopher Stone listmeister at thestoneforge.com
Thu Feb 3 20:29:46 PST 2011

On Feb 03, 2011, at 21:30, Scott Webster wrote:
> I have a new imac and it just went to sleep during the install of gimp2 and it's dependencies. I could have sworn that my macbook does not go to sleep when compiling. Anyone aware of any relevant differences between these two systems? Or a way to prevent this problem other than just turning sleep on and off manually all the time?

Hey Scott,

I have a Mid-2010 17" MacBook Pro i7.

Yesterday I was updating outdated items and went out for coffee during the process.  When I got home 15-20 minutes later my MacBook had gone to sleep!  Needless to say I was surprised.

Per my settings nothing more than the display should have gone to sleep anyway.

Caffeine is now on my machine and will be active the next time I do a lengthy build.

--
Best Regards,
Chris