Gimp

Dennis C dcswest at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:13:40 PST 2011

Greetings;

Wondering why Gimp or any program available as a dmg, such as the Gedit too
that recently came up in discussion, is still even in MacPorts.  Why would
one still want to launch it through a shell as an X app when it can be had
natively in Aqua?

Thanks,

Message: 9
On Feb 14, 2011, at 15:07, Mack Johnson wrote:

> Gimp did start and load up but I got some error's in the terminal window.
>
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-QA3zXU/org.x:0".
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Not enough memory
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Not enough
memory)

> Can someone help me with this?

Sounds like dbus is not started. "port notes dbus" tells you how to start it
properly.