adding SQLite

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 1 16:11:33 PST 2011

On Jan 1, 2011, at 13:23, Bill Christensen wrote:

> I need to add SQLite to my MacPorts-built MAMP install...
>
> Do I just do
>
> port install php5 +sqlite
>
> or would it be
>
> port install php5-sqlite
>
> ?

You can use "port variants php5" to answer this question:

$ port variants php5 | grep sqlite
   sqlite: Obsolete; install php5-sqlite port instead

In 2009, I separated php5's feature variants into separate ports, to make them easier to install. The variants were kept around in a nonfunctional state to advise users how to upgrade. Since it's been over a year, everyone who cares should have upgraded by now, so I removed these variants:

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/74765

> Do I need to install sqlite separately first?

No; MacPorts handles dependencies for you; that's one of the main reasons to use MacPorts.