ImageMagick & ghostscript @9.00_4 convert issues

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Fri Jan 7 01:14:48 PST 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 1:09 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2011, at 02:47, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>
>> If you want to test it just create a single page all white test.pdf
>> file will probably do it.
>>
>> $ convert test.pdf test.png
>
> I was not able to reproduce the issue. On Snow Leopard, I opened
> TextEdit to create a new empty document, chose Print from the File
> menu, and told it to save as a PDF. I then used ImageMagick to
> convert it to a PNG as above. Both files, when opened in Preview,
> are white.

I just did something similar and I got delegate errors. I probably
need to recompile ImageMagic against the newer ghostscript. I have to
move to a test machine, I have file uploads 24/7.

We have received around 20 complaints from customers and using
customer supplied files and changing ghostscript to previous version
fixes this on my 10.5 ppc machine.

--
Brad