GCC Version

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 22 10:38:26 PDT 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 09:45, Paul C wrote:

> The main reason for the switch to a newer version of gcc is that I cannot compile glib2 with using the port command, it fails towards the end of the compile. I'll give gcc_select a go with a new version of gcc and see what happens.

MacPorts ports do not use the compiler you've gcc_select'd. They use the compiler the port or MacPorts specifies.

The reason why we do this is explained at length here:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler

Some ports may inadvertently use the compiler you've gcc_select'd; if you find such a port, please file a ticket so this problem can be fixed.