How do I get etherape to work in OS X 10.6.6?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 7 14:45:33 PST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 14:06, Zack Perry wrote:

> Thanks for your note.  I am looking into bootstrapping GCC 4.5.2 using GCC from MacPorts first, then I will build the entire tool chain, and then I will make another attempt.  I will also avoid building the universal variant, which IMHO complicates things.

Certainly if you wish to install gcc45 for other purposes you can do so, but I'm not sure what this has to do with etherape. The etherape port does not have a dependency on gcc45, and will not use it even if it is present; it will use the gcc provided in Apple's Xcode, just like most other ports do.