GCC44 Build Time

Zuzubot zuzubot at gmail.com
Sat May 21 05:02:01 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I am using Macports on a Macbook Pro running 10.6.7.  I recently tried to
install PyGTK2 and all was going well until it came to my computer building
GCC44.  This was taking over 30 minutes and my computer's fans were running
pretty fast so I stopped to installation as I wasn't sure what was going on.

My questions are:

How long does it take to build GCC44?

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the process?

Is there anyway that I can get a read out of what exactly is happening when
my computer is installing PyGTK2?  Like a verbose mode?

Many thanks!!!