Can't paste in x11 version 2.6.1

Donglian Xu tonglinn.tsui at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:14:26 PDT 2011

Hi, Jeremy,

  I hope that I can do the following with X11:

  1) copy and paste using keyboard combinations within the X11 terminal
windows. Now with X11 version 2.6.1 on Macbook leopard 10.5.8, I can only
copy the text in the terminal via cmd + c. How can I paste the text into the
X11 terminal using the keyboard combination (I know it might not be cmd +v
because X11 is not native apple app)?

  2) Emacs doesn't seem to work in X11 as on linux machines. For instance,
the control + <space>, control + w and control + y in emacs on linux are
mark, cut and yanking respectively. Those combinations don't seem to work on
X11 the same way.

Thanks for your precious time!

Best regards,
Donglian