How does MacPorts locate "moved" ports?

Michael O'Brien Michael.T.OBrien at notes.aero.org
Tue Nov 1 15:58:08 PDT 2011

	I'm trying to install something that has py26-ipython (among others) as a dependency.  This has been moved in the Great Unification to py-ipython.  How does MacPorts go about satisfying this dependency?  How does it know where to look?

	I ask because I'm in process of forcing a downgrade to an earlier version of iPython so that Spyder will continue to work.  Spyder doesn't work with versions of iPython at or later than version 11 (the current version), though the new spyder-beta (hopefully) does.

Mike O'Brien