Error building py26-enable

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:57:17 PDT 2011

On 2/11/11 at 21:02, Michael.T.OBrien at notes.aero.org (Michael
O'Brien) wrote:

>Attempting to build py26-enable fails on current MacPorts under
>Snow Leopard, building a new MacPorts installation (not an
>upgrade).   This is with a MacPorts installation built from
>source to move the standard prefix to a different place (to
>facilitate the building of installable packages).  Before I
>file a ticket I thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this:

[snip]

The only things that jump out are you’re not root when
attempting to install, that you’re trying to install into a
different directory & on my version of Snow Leopard there is no
absolute path as below:

>UserWarning: Specified path /usr/X11R6/lib64 is invalid.
>:info:build   warnings.warn('Specified path %s is invalid.' % d)
>:info:build

which is maybe what that error message  about.

HTH,

Cheers,

     Phil.
--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...