compiling digikam

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Nov 19 12:44:00 PST 2011

> i can not compile the digikam port. And i have no idea what causes the problem. Can someone help me out? Or just point me into a direction i can investigate.
> Build log can be found at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8286796/digikam_problem_main.log
>
> The only guess i have is, that it has to do something with gcc/llvm-gcc. But as i am not very sure about this, i ask for help.
>
> Many thanks in advance.

First try building with only one make job (defaults to number of cores):

    sudo port clean digikam
    sudo port install digikam build.jobs=1

If that doesn't work, then try using a different compiler (MacPorts is using clang for you, presently):

    sudo port clean digikam
    sudo port install digikam configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2

It's also possible that the source code needs more parenthesis to help the new compilers figure out what's going on. I'd leave that for the port maintainer to try.