Unable to configure any packages when MacPort is active

Rodolfo Aramayo raramayo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:30:12 PST 2011

People,

I am having the most unusual problem

Ports is working just fine and by fine I mean I can upgrade and install
packages without any problems

Until few weeks ago I was able to install non-macports programs by myself.
This is, I was able to ./configure, make and sudo make install
This morning I decided to upgrade some non-macport packages and to my
surprise I discovered that the command './configure' just hangs in there,
unable to do anything
I did a series of tests and was able to follow the problem to MacPorts.
This is, if I comment out the:

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export PATH=/opt/local/lib:$PATH
export PATH=/opt/local/libexec/gnubin:$PATH
export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH

present in my ~/.bashrc file

I can now not only run the './configure' command, but 'make' and 'sudo make
install'

Obviously, something has changed recently in MacPorts that is causing this
problem (I know this was working fine before) and whatever it is is causing
the same problem in all my machines (12 total)

I need help identifying the Port that is causing this...

Thanks

--R