gnome-terminal fails to load

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Wed Oct 5 17:29:02 PDT 2011

I've installed gnome-terminal, and I did not see any error messages,
but when I go to start it, I get the following error:

linus:~ tim$ gnome-terminal Dynamic session lookup supported but failed:
launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that
org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!  Failed to get the session bus:
Not enough memory Falling back to non-factory mode.  Dynamic session lookup
supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that
org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!  Failed to summon the GConf
demon; exiting.  Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Not enough
memory)

Please advise. This macports is pretty amazing...
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com