Upgraded (partially?) to v2.0.3, now port updates fail, OSX 10.6.8

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 6 23:48:12 PDT 2011

On Oct 6, 2011, at 09:14, Fielding, Eric J (3242) wrote:

> Thanks for your reply and explanation. It might be a good idea to add a
> warning when the conversion starts that it could take a very long time so
> others don't make my mistake.

That's exactly what it does:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/images_to_archives.tcl?rev=81464#L31

It says "This could take a while..." and then prints the signature of each installed port as it's being converted.

I'm not sure how much, if any, of that output is displayed if you have not used the -v flag, however.