Universal and upgrades

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:49:52 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Scott Webster <sewebster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, seems that gstreamer and gst-plugins-base dependencies were just
> added to wine-devel.  They of course have deps of their own.  For
> instance libidl, which I already have installed non-universal.  It
> needs to be universal for wine-devel to work, but the port command did
> not figure that out on its own.  I thought it was supposed to do that
> these days...

So I just upgraded libidl to universal manually and tried upgrading
outdated again.  Now it seems to have figured out that it should
install a bunch more dependencies that I already have installed as
universal.  So it seems that it works sometimes, and not others.  My
best guess as to what is happening is that some ports are old enough
to have not been touched in the registry since before some important
change, and that over time, once everything has been upgraded, things
should work.  But this is pretty much a total guess.

Scott