DBD::mysql question

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Oct 30 14:23:15 PDT 2011

On 28164-7-23 05:59 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2011, at 08:11, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:
>
>> Instead, for the most part, when it comes to perl modules, just install them using cpan or cpanminus (I prefer cpanminus). As long as your macport preferred perl is the default perl in the path, your requested module will get installed correctly.
>
> If you use MacPorts, you shouldn't use CPAN to install modules; they'll conflict with MacPorts ports of those modules. If ports don't exist for the modules you need, request them, or even create them yourself and submit them; the cpan2port script makes it pretty easy to create ports for perl modules.

I'm not very familiar with CPAN, but if it can be configured to install
somewhere other than the default location, that would be fine. We should
really modify its defaults so using it won't cause conflicts with p5
ports. Same goes for similar tools for other languages like
easy_install/pip, gem, and so on.

- Josh