bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:26:24 PDT 2011

Jeremy, thanks for your helpful suggestions.

On 15.09.2011 13:50 , Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> --->  Fetching archive for expat
>> --->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.0.1_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from
>> http://packages.macports.org/expat
>> --->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.0.1_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160
>> from http://packages.macports.org/expat
>> Error: Target org.macports.archivefetch returned: Failed to verify
>> signature for archive!
> Ensure you've run selfupdate ^_^
Yes, did that at the start.  Sorry typed the wrong command.  Reran
anyway.  No change.

> Then, there are two possibilities: bad download or missing publickey configuration.
>

> That archive works for me, so perhaps something that was downloaded on your end was corrupted. You can find the files (and nuke them) in $prefix/var/macports/software/expat
>
> Then to ensure it's gone and try again:
> sudo port -f uninstall expat
> sudo port clean --all expat
> sudo port install expat
>
> You should see:
> $ sudo port install expat
> --->  Fetching archive for expat
> --->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.0.1_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/expat
> --->  Attempting to fetch expat-2.0.1_1.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from http://packages.macports.org/expat
> --->  Installing expat @2.0.1_1
> --->  Activating expat @2.0.1_1
> --->  Cleaning expat
> $

Uninstalled, cleaned and tried again.  No luck. :-(

> If it continues to misbehave, inspect those downloaded files: see if they're HTML or something whacky. Also ensure you have the macports public key:
> $prefix/share/macports/macports-pubkey.pem
>
> And that you're configured to use it:
> $prefix/etc/macports/pubkeys.conf

There are no files in the directory.

I have the macports-pubkey.pem file in the right spot.  How do I check
that I'm configured to use it?  The pubkey.conf file points to the right
macports-pubkey.pem file.

> Finally, if it continues to be a problem, you can always build the package from source:
> `sudo port -s install expat` (-s for source only, -b from binary only)

I was able to use this command to install expat.

Now I re-run the command to install mplayer-devel and I get an error on
the next file.  :-(  See below.

---start---
--->  Fetching archive for gperf
--->  Attempting to fetch gperf-3.0.4_2.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from
http://packages.macports.org/gperf
--->  Attempting to fetch gperf-3.0.4_2.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160
from http://packages.macports.org/gperf
Error: Target org.macports.archivefetch returned: Failed to verify
signature for archive!
Error: Failed to install gperf
---end---

Could it be something with the a file in my ~ directory?  At one point I
remember we had to change or create some sort of file in the ~
directory.  A "." file?  I can't remember what it was or what it was called.

Thanks again for your help.