lib release

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 22:29:56 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 01:17, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> I expressed the same reservations there. An answer was provided there. I
> don't know how to respond to it; I'm not sure if this is a road MacPorts
> wants to start down.

I'll bite:  the road that you apparently don't want MacPorts to start down
is supporting development, but it occurs to me that one thing hampered by
that is providing new ports, when a debug version of a dependency is needed.

More generally, a build from source system that doesn't support development
seems strange.  Although perhaps I should read this in the context of the
recent appearance of binary packages, with the implication that source
builds are being deemphasized.