Which version of "Wine", or am I on the wrong track?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Apr 16 14:34:19 PDT 2012

In article <FC35AC99-E674-4439-A6A3-0B490155372B at macports.org>,
 Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:
> > I am not sure which version of Wine to install from Macports (there
> > are three), or if this is even the right approach for what I want to
> > do.
> >
> > The goal: Edit a "movie" (screen recording), from the view that 80-90%
> > of what I recorded will be tossed.
> > iMovie is a failure (as far as I can tell) as selecting sections and
> > removing them.
>
> Pretty sure you can cut frames with iMovie.
>
> > This means I'm going to use VirtualDub (only program I've found so far
> > that is good at selecting lots of specific frame ranges and tossing
> > them).
>
> There are going to be better options for video editing on the Mac then
> running a Windows program.
>
> Quicktime Pro Player has been able to cut video many years. The pro version
> used to cost $35.
>
> Have you looked at the MacPorts ports for Avidemux and Kdenlive.

Or the free app MPEG Streamclip?  "You can use MPEG Streamclip to: open
most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams; play them
at full screen; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out
points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files, or export them to
QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files"

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

--
 Ned Deily,