variant mismatch when updating pango/cairo

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:38:32 PDT 2012

Dear list,

I'm curious to know whether this is intended behaviour or not.
(I would have created a ticket in tracker, but I'm not sure if this is
actually a bug or simply the way how macports operates and there is
not much that could be done about it anyway.)

  cairo @1.10.2_3+x11
  cairo @1.10.2_4+no_x11+quartz
  cairo @1.10.2_4+no_x11+quartz+universal
  cairo @1.10.2_4+quartz+universal+x11
  cairo @1.10.2_4+quartz+x11
  cairo @1.10.2_4+x11
  cairo @1.12.0_0+quartz+universal+x11 (active)
  pango @1.28.4_0+x11
  pango @1.28.4_1+no_x11+quartz
  pango @1.28.4_1+no_x11+quartz+universal
  pango @1.28.4_2+no_x11+quartz+universal (active)
> sudo port upgrade pango
--->  Computing dependencies for pango
--->  Fetching archive for pango
--->  Attempting to fetch
pango-1.30.0_0+no_x11+quartz+universal.darwin_11.i386-x86_64.tbz2 from
http://packages.macports.org/pango
--->  Fetching pango
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for pango
--->  Extracting pango
--->  Applying patches to pango
--->  Configuring pango
Error: To install pango without the x11 variant, cairo must be
installed without the x11 variant.
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: incompatible cairo installation
Log for pango is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_pango/pango/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Mojca