variant mismatch when updating pango/cairo

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 07:54:23 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 14:43, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> As the error message indicates, pango and cairo should be installed with the same x11 and quartz variants.
>
> You have cairo installed with +x11 +quartz and are trying to install pango -x11 +quartz.

I understand that there has to be a match between versions. What
wasn't perfectly clear to me was whether or not macports could use a
disabled (already installed) version with matching options or not
(possibly by switching versions back and forth).

But anyway, I somehow believed that this would not qualify as a flaw,
I only wanted to make sure.

Thank you for clarification.
    Mojca