How remove port info but not installed files?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 18 10:49:39 PDT 2012

On Apr 18, 2012, at 12:30, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> Indeed, it's space I want to conserve on my relatively small SSD boot drive.
>
> It's the original MacTeX TeXLive 2011 installation I want to keep -- and NOT the MacPorts version.
>
> (Various reasons for that preference, including a very helpful GUI maintenance utility that's part of MacTeX.)

Then simply "sudo port uninstall" the ports you don't want to have installed.

Also, separate from that, you could do some housekeeping in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles, ranging from deleting old files, to deleting files of ports you don't believe you'll need to reinstall again, to deleting all files. distfiles are only needed when installing a port, and are no longer needed after a port has been installed.