Distributing apps built with mac port gcc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 4 11:47:30 PDT 2012

On Aug 4, 2012, at 13:32, Mike Krus <mike.krus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose I need to copy the gcc/g++ libs into the bundle and do the install_name_tool dance, but is that the way to do it? Is there a tool that will do that for me?

$ port info dylibbundler
dylibbundler @0.4.1, Revision 1 (devel)
Variants:             universal

                      bundling .dylibs as easy as possible. It automatically determines
                      which dylibs are needed by your program, copies these libraries
                      inside the app bundle, and fixes both them and the executable to
                      be ready for distribution, all this with a single command. It will
                      also work if your program uses plug-ins that have dependencies
                      too.
Homepage:             http://macdylibbundler.sourceforge.net/

Extract Dependencies: unzip
Platforms:            darwin