py27-mayavi: No module named wx

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:35:32 PDT 2012

I am glad mayavi is working for you now.

Regarding QT, "vtk5 -x11" implies using the cocoa backend. Then the
default variant for py*-pyface is pyqt4, which pulls in qt4-mac, which
also uses cocoa (quartz) by default for its backend. This is one way to
get the graphical backend (cocoa vs x11) and toolchain (qt vs wx) for
vtk5 and mayavi to be in sync.

You could probably uninstall all py26-* ports and python26 if you want
to. You may find something depends on python26, though.

Jonathan