Does setting "destroot.post_args" not include default "destroot.destdir" in the assembled command?

Davor Cubranic cubranic at stat.ubc.ca
Mon Aug 20 12:41:52 PDT 2012

I'm working on a Portfile for a piece of software that uses a fairly well-behaved Makefile, which respects DESTROOT and in addition uses a few other variables for various install locations (like PREFIX, for instance).

Based on the MacPorts guide, I assumed that just setting "destroot.post_args PREFIX=${prefix}" would still use the default value of "destroot.destdir" (i.e., "DESTDIR=${destroot}"), but I found the assembled command to be just "make -w install PREFIX=/opt/local", with no DESTROOT passed through. In the end, I had to use in the Portfile "destroot.post_args DESTDIR=${destroot} PREFIX=${prefix}".

This seemed redundant, or at least inelegant. Did I miss a better way to do this, or was I simply reading too much into the guide?

Davor