Is Goldendict available for Macports?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:58:56 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Davor Cubranic wrote:
> Goldendict is not a Macport, is it?

It is not, but it should be trivial to add it.

> So you should contact Goldendict
> developers for help on compiling under OS X.

qmake followed by make did it for me, the application works fine.

> The error below is caused by not having Phonon installed. The fact that you
> didn't recognize that makes me think you're getting in way over your head
> and should look for someone who can sit with you and help you along,
> starting with setting up all the prerequisites.

For me
    sudo port install qt4-mac phonon
did it. OK, I didn't explore what ports I had installed before, so
there might be other dependencies, but compiling Goldendict was
trivial enough after settling that.

(Actually, I wasn't able to compile phonon at first, but that must
have been due to the fact that I had "qt4-mac +framework" installed.)

Mojca